Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tip #2 Google Documents

Tip  #2:  Google Documents



Happy Tuesday,

This week, I have a valuable resource for all of us thanks to the fact that we are all using Google for our e-mail. 

Some of you may know that Google offers Google documents, free of charge for its gmail users. 

What are Google docs?  Briefly, they are word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, forms and much, much more.

Here is a short video on Google Documents in plain English.

Because Google docs are cloud based storage, you can access them anywhere you have access to the internet.  I have started sending documents in word or pages format to myself via e-mail and then uploading the documents to my Google docs account so that I have them with me at all times.

Here is a short video of how to do this.

For those of you who are power users and want to do more with Google docs, I am linking a document called Google for Teachers, created by Richard Byrne of Free Technology for Teachers.  He gives outstanding advice on how to maximize Google docs for teachers.

I'd love to hear your feedback.  Please feel free to leave a comment on our Todd's Tuesday Technology Tips Blog. 

Thanks and have a great week,
Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment