Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Todd's Tuesday Tech Tip #1: Remind 101

Dear Colleagues,
I know I promised a Tuesday Tech Tip last week about printers.  We are still waiting to get our new printer installed.  As soon as it is, I will do a comprehensive tip about selecting, deselecting adding and removing printers.

For this week, I thought I would share with you something that might be incredibly helpful for you all to keep in touch with your families it is called Remind 101.


I talked about this last year, but I've experienced it and it is a revolutionary way to communicate.
Texting has become even more 'immediate' than sending an e-mail.  If you have a field trip tomorrow and you need to communicate with your families to remind them to bring a lunch, pick up at a new place, leave at a different time, etc. this app might be just what you need.
Texting usually means sending a message in which both parties see and know the other person's phone number.  This app helps you communicate without having to give your phone number.

Here's how it works:
Sign up.

Have your parents subscribe (they don't know your number, and you don't know theirs.)


Start sending messages.

The best part, in my opinion, is that they cannot write back to you at this number!!  It's simple, one way communication.

Do you think you might use this tool? 

Do you have an idea for a tip?  I would love to share it (giving you full credit!)  Please send me an e-mail with your tip idea!

Feel free to visit all of the tips from last year as well at our Todd's Tuesday Tech Tip Blog
Respectfully,
Todd Burleson
YouTube - Videos from this email

No comments:

Post a Comment